When Are the Elections This Year?
The next Election Day will be March 1, 2016 .
Where Do I Vote?
Starting with the March 1, 2016 primary elections, Smith County residents can vote at ANY official polling place in the county. (In the past, each precinct had their own designated polling place. This is no longer the case.)
Click here to see the list of Smith County poll locations and click on the "Election Day Locations".
· For information about Voting By Mail, Click Here
Early Voting for this Election will be March 16-26, 2016. Click here for times and locations for early voting and click the "Early Voting" tab on that web page.
You may contact the Democratic Party any time by telephone (903-593-7061) for help if you are not sure when or where to vote.
Click Here for a list of all Early Voting polling places in Smith County.
Where Can I Register to Vote?
· Smith County Voter Registration Desk
200 E. Ferguson, Tyler, TX 75702 (5th Floor, Courthouse Annex)
903-590-4777 – Karen Nelson, Elections Administrator
· Smith County Democratic Party
Several Deputy Voter Registrars are available to help you register.
Call 903-593-7061 or Click Here to send an e-mail request for assistance
· Not sure if you are already registered to vote? Click here to go to the Texas Secretary of State Voter Registration Website for a handy online tool to help you verify that you are registered.
Who Can Vote?
You must be registered no later than 30 days prior to an election to be permitted to vote.
To be eligible to vote, you must be a United States citizen residing in Texas and are (or will be):
· Legally registered to vote in Texas
· At least 18 years old on Election Day
· Not a convicted felon (NOTE: Voting rights are restored when felony sentence,
probation and parole are completed.)
· Not declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
For information on registering to vote in Smith County, click here and select the "Voter Registration" tab.
---> Special Rules for Student Voters - Click Here and select the "College Students" tab.
The Next Election
Democratic Primary Election
March 6, 2018